Here are a few tips to help you ace the exams!
BEFORE THE EXAM
- Take comprehensive notes during classes so that you can refer to them for effective revision during exam time
- Go through previous exam papers and understand the areas and principles tested in these papers
- Draw up a revision timetable, giving yourself enough time to revise everyday – do not leave revision to the day before the exam
- Identify a place where you are able to revise effectively. Don’t plan on revising in the lounge if you know that there will be distractions such as the television and traffic
- Get enough rest before the exam, particularly the night before the exam
- Make sure you have all the stationery (pen, pencil, protractor, compass, etc) that you will need for the particular exam
DURING THE EXAM
- Take time to read the instructions properly
- Always read each question thoroughly – don’t make any assumptions
- Always check your answers
- Roughly calculate the amount of time you need to allocate to each question, depending on the number of marks each question carries
- Don’t rush through any questions, even if you think they are easy – they probably aren’t as easy as you think!
- Make sure that you use the correct units in your answer (e.g. metres, kilometres, etc)
- For Maths questions, always show your working – you might get the final answer wrong but get marks for correct workings